Application Deadline: Rolling
Brooklyn Arts Council's Arts+ Innovation Incubator is a fiscal sponsorship program for New York City based individual artists and emerging cultural organizations for cultural work that have strong artistic merit and aligns with BAC’s mission to enrich the cultural life of the borough. Ideal candidates have the ability to articulate a feasible need for fiscal sponsorship and how it will benefit their fundraising and organizational capacity.
BAC members of the Arts+ Innovation Incubator (fiscal sponsees) generally fit into one of the following categories:
- Artistic projects that are undertaken by individual artists or collectives who are New York City based;
- Activities of cultural organizations that are in the process of incorporating as nonprofits;
- Specific cultural projects undertaken by for-profit organizations that are nonprofit in nature and demonstrate strong benefit to New York City residents.
Application Review Criteria:
BAC staff will review fiscal sponsorship applications with the following criteria in mind:
- Artistic merit;
- Feasibility of project/organization description, budget, and fundraising plan;
- Demonstrated benefit to the Brooklyn and/or New York City community (includes a public benefit component);
- Ability for capacity building and fundraising
- Projects and emerging organizations must have a minimum budget of $5,000;
- Student projects are not eligible. Applicants cannot be enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate degree program;
- Applicant must have a US Social Security Number or federally registered EIN number;
- Projects must be non-profit in nature with a measurable public benefit (i.e. screening, talks, performances, exhibitions, workshops, etc.);
- Applications may be in any artistic discipline, genre, or medium.
- Accepted applicants receive a 1 year contract, which can be renewed annually upon the completion of a final report, 30 days before the contract date each year.
If any questions arise, you can contact a member of our Grants and Services team:
Lauren Nordvig, Grants and Services Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org, 718-625-0080 x227
Desiree Gordon, Director of Programs and Strategy: email@example.com, 718-625-0080 x236