Nominate a 2020 Community Arts Grants Panelist
Panel Nominations are due October 1, 2019. Nominations after that date will still be accepted and reviewed in the case there is still a need. Early submissions are encouraged.
Panel nominees should be reliable individuals with a commitment to the arts, knowledge of Brooklyn communities, and expertise in an artistic discipline, arts administration, or community arts programming.
BAC strives to appoint panels that are diverse in terms of ethnicity, gender, age, culture, geographic representation, and artistic focus. Because of the need to form well-balanced panels, we may not be able to consider all the qualified people who are nominated.
Panelist duties include:
- Pre-review of 15-45 applications
- Participation in secondary review during day-long in-person panel meeting with 2-5 other panelists
- Availability during November and first half of December 2019.
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks during secondary, in-person review
- Honorarium ranging from $75-$150, dependent on # of applications reviewed
- Recognition of panel service on BAC's website, and at the annual Community Arts Grants celebration at Brooklyn Borough Hall
Review the Community Arts Grants guidelines prior to nominating a panelist, including Brooklyn Arts Fund, Local Arts Support, and the Charlene Victor & Ella J. Weiss Cultural Entrepreneur Fund.